Terms of Service
Last update: April 11th, 2020
- All communications on forums, Discord, and in-game Megaphones must be in English. Players are allowed to use any language in other forms of communication.
- Absolutely no botting, cheating, or hacking. If you get bot checked by anyone (staff member or not) - it is absolutely your responsibility to reply. Not being available to reply will result in a ban.
- Keyweighting, using macro programs or any kind of non-human input also counts as botting.
- AFK farming is disallowed as well. This includes abusing summon skills (e.g. Bahamut, Ifrit, Elquines and such) to farm for you, while you're away.
- Players are allowed to bot check other players if there are for some reason no GMs available to bot check them. Please always use Alert GM by right clicking a player if you believe they are botting before issuing a formal report on the forums. When bot checking players, you must provide a, at least, three-minute video showing the entire game window and show your character actively trying to get the attention of the player in suspicion of botting.
- If you see someone breaking the rules, report them in-game by right clicking them and clicking Alert GM. Knowingly cooperating with someone who breaks our terms of service can lead to bans.
- If you are banned for any reason, you're not allowed to create another account to play, unless permission was explicitly granted by a staff member.
- You are not allowed to alter game data files or any of the Windia components. This includes use of any program that edits the game's memory, usage of non-cosmetic WZ edits or any kind of unfair advantage gained by the use of a third party tool.
- Do not abuse bugs for your benefits. Report them instead and get rewarded properly. If a bug can be used for your advantage, it is an exploit. Send @shavit a private message explaining how to reproduce the exploit, and you will be rewarded when it is fixed.
- Do not harass players. If a player asks you to stop harassing them, simply stop doing so. This rule is heavily enforced as we believe user experience is necessary to enjoy Windia.
- Purchased credits are not refundable; you pay for a product which is delivered instantly and can be used immediately. Attempting to chargeback purchased credits will lead to an indefinite ban. Threatening to chargeback purchases is also a bannable offense.
- No favoritism will be given to players who purchase Windia Credits, regardless of the amount you've purchased.
- Windia can shut down the services completely with no warnings beforehand, and you will not receive refunds for any purchases made.
- Kill stealing is not allowed. If a player is hunting in your map after you ask them to stop, use the @map command to prove you're the map's owner, and report the player. Output of @check showing the server time is necessary for your report to be considered.
- Real Money Trading is absolutely forbidden in any way and will result in a permanent ban. You can only exchange in-game goods for other in-game goods.
- An exception is any kind of services provided in the form of creativity. You may only perform that kind of trades through the Creative forum.
- Baiting users to admit RMT is also not acceptable. If you wish to do so, talk to me beforehand to receive permission. If you end up being reported for attempting to RMT without asking for my permission beforehand, you will be banned.
- Selling accounts (even for in-game currencies) is against the rules. If you are caught selling your account, all accounts you have accessed will be banned for RMT.
- No racism at all. Think of this like the harassment rule, except we enforce it harder.
- Playing on an alternate account or another user's account while in a banned state is forbidden and will result in a ban on the current account and any others associated with the user(s).
- Scamming and fake bidding will result in bans.
- Scamming: Making a deal with another player, and not making your part in the deal even though you've agreed to do so.
- Fake bidding: Lying about another bidder in an auction. If a bidder asks for the name of the other player bidding, you must provide it to them. You may not get a friend of yours to increase the current offer on your auction without the intention of buying the item. Fake bidding also includes bidding on an item without having an intention to buy it, or without being able to afford the amount offered to the seller.
- While there aren't rules against account sharing; it is completely your responsibility whether you should do it or not. If you get banned and you happen to be sharing your account or device, players who accessed your account will be unable to access the game as well.
- Multi-clienting is allowed. However, you're not allowed to hunt monsters on more than a single client instance at the same time.
- Multi-clienting is having multiple client instances open across one or more PCs.
Note that the Windia team can disable your access to the game, website, forums, Discord server or any service provided by Windia; without any warning, by staff members' discretion.
You may not hold Windia liable for any consequence that might happen due to you taking part in consumption of any service ran by Windia.
The Windia team may change this list of rules at any time, with or without any notice.
If you are found damaging the server directly - attempted attacks, chargebacks, hacking users etc; your entire account data will be removed with no chance of being recovered ever.
All contents posted on the forums belong to Windia. We reserve the right to archive contents and restore them in case of deletions. This mainly applies to guides or any contributions made for the community.
The terms of service can be found in different languages, maintained by community members:
Spanish, translated by @Misahki
Chinese (Mandarin), translated by @hzmsh
Hebrew, translated by @shavit
If you translate the ToS into other languages, let me know and I will add it to the list.