Denied Smega spamming BANNABLE

In-game name: PCRwb

Description of suggestion:
I would to suggest that smega spamming should be added as bannable offense such as:
1. Having a conversation with someone else through smega instead of meeting up in certain map.
2. Waging/participating keyboard war through smega and then further making more ppl spam smega.
3. Spamming smega with meaningless thing.

I hope this offense is added to the rules because spamming smega is a kind of harassment and annoying to those who is online n care to have a clean chat box.

[OPTIONAL] Any visualizations of the concept (e.g. drawings, videos, more description):
none.

Nekomaki

Head of Staff
Administrator
People are already limited to one smega per 20 seconds (or was it 30?).

edit: People will still be punished if they are found saying unwanted things in smegas or being obnoxious on purpose.

Last edited:

Wolf

Game Master
Smegaing nonsense has always been part of the maple experience atleast in mine. 0.0, if someone’s being obnoxious screenshot it and we will look into it. Banning for mere “annoying” smegas is pretty heavy handed.

Smegaing nonsense has always been part of the maple experience atleast in mine. 0.0, if someone’s being obnoxious screenshot it and we will look into it. Banning for mere “annoying” smegas is pretty heavy handed.
Even if you are willing to ban someone for obnoxious smega, you don't ban someone with a rules that does not exist. You don't want someone saying 'It's not in the rules', 'oh, i didn't know' in a ban appeal. This is why i'm making this suggestion.

Wolf

Game Master
Anytime we would ban someone for smegaing, it would be something in line with the current ToS. We cannot put a rule about spamming smega because we have a cooldown on them. People would think, once the cooldown is up it's alright to smega, regardless of if spamming smega was in the rules. We treat everything on a case by case basis. Warnings are perfect for something that is not blatently spelled out in the ToS. If there is someone being obnoxious make sure to screenshot and we will investigate. Although as previously stated Smega is an opt in service, if its getting annoying turn it off. Because it's annoying to one person doesn't mean we should step in, this could get really tedious and aggravating for everyone.

For example, if someone is spamming F off cooldown on smega for awhile we would talk with them. We will warn them, not ban them. Continue to do so, then we can talk about a temporary ban and work our way up. We lay the TOS down where needed but we prefer to atleast try to explain and rectify before banning someone in cases like this.

If someone is having a conversation, that is perfectly fine.