Event Ideas?

Nekomaki

Head of Staff
Administrator
Just wondering.

Other than jump quests and hide and seek, would there be any other types of events you guys would like to see?

I really enjoy things like O.X quiz events (true false) .

A server i used to play a long time ago (Moongrams) had a racing event where an automated race was set every 12 hrs or so and everyone gets the same mount. They start at a specific place in Victoria island ( like henesys) and would race to the (like 50 maps to a specifc destination). The end map is randomized and so is the starting point. Each player that finishes the race gets a point rewards that are allowed to be exchanged for a random item ( this includes BFC and SPECs in other server ).

Since everyone gets points people would always try to finish but being first places gets you lots of points. The more players participate the more the max points you get ( though not by much) and it gradually lowers as your placement lowers. Exchanges weren't cheap if i remember correctly you'd need to win first place 3 times or so to exchange.

I think MoongraMS had their own but i found something about it here. Since players were given points instead of prizes handed out by GMs
(Probably not the same one implemented but i found something similar)

Last edited:

Bude

I really enjoy things like O.X quiz events (true false) .

A server i used to play a long time ago (Moongrams) had a racing event where an automated race was set every 12 hrs or so and everyone gets the same mount. They start at a specific place in Victoria island ( like henesys) and would race to the (like 50 maps to a specifc destination). The end map is randomized and so is the starting point. Each player that finishes the race gets a point rewards that are allowed to be exchanged for a random item ( this includes BFC and SPECs in other server ).

Since everyone gets points people would always try to finish but being first places gets you lots of points. The more players participate the more the max points you get and it gradually lowers as your placement lowers.

I think MoongraMS had their own but i found something about it here. Since players were given points instead of prizes handed out by GMs
(Probably not the same one implemented but i found something similar)
Love the idea of races as I used to do them on moongraMS too, but this would favour people with low ping and players who have turned off the map warp effect.

Love the idea of races as I used to do them on moongraMS too, but this would favour people with low ping and players who have turned off the map warp effect.
I agree :) the thing is ping sometimes can't be helped but since all participants recieve points even if i had bad ping id still be encouraged to finish the race

If I'm not mistaken all players can toggle warp map effect if they choose to do so before race begins. Unless its vip only

( or it can be disabled during race)

Nekomaki

Head of Staff
Administrator
it's a setting, so anyone can do it.

but i agree, the ping is probably the most defining and unfair factor since it more or less cannot be controlled

it's a setting, so anyone can do it.

but i agree, the ping is probably the most defining and unfair factor since it more or less cannot be controlled
I personally have pings over 200ms on the server at times and even though it would affect the race I would still be able to receive points for completing the race if I chose to do so. This allows me to happily participate. Sometimes Jump Quests can also be seen as unfair as the large number of participants can cause someone to lag when they try the JQ and end up getting nothing because there is only one winner.

Unlike this a point systems rewards everyone for completion and bonus based on placement. it can neutralize a portion of the imbalance A balancing factor would be lowering the gap between first place winners and the others. (Or implement an account cooldown for first place winners like 24 hrs or something if the event is automated)

hzmsh

I am always longing to have a monster invasion day just like in the old Global Maple story that GM spawns big bosses in one or several safe locations. All the pros will gather together to protect the newbies from endless death. This also gives the newbie a chance to see all the bosses that they will not have a chance to get in touch with until good progress.

But this requires some thinking before execute:
1. What level of bosses is proper to summon?
Normal Zakum, Horntail? PB? Chaos Boss?or some rare bosses(like the big cake guy? only can hit 1 hp) + plenty of normal monsters.
2. What should be the loots?
If mid gamers get a big amount of timeless equips or higher stats equips, that will easily interrupt the current market price. Whereas newbies will have no chance to get any. My suggestion is that vote points are good loots for anyone participated (for pro, they can obtain a drop to trade for vote points by killing these bosses. For the newbie, maybe they can use their death counts to trade some valuable items for their efforts)
3. Where to summon?
Free Market is always the location everyone will gather automatically. Other good ones including Henesys, Perion, Ellinia, Kerning - the major old maple cities.
4. When to hold this event?
Shavit will have the data for the peak online players. My suggestion is that holds this event twice in a day for players living in different time zone.
5. What's more?
Some special awards could be announced after the event ended:
The hero did most damage - protector
Who died most times... -- Fearless
Who killed most bosses -- Boss Hunter
And so on.

Thanks for reading

Nekomaki

Head of Staff
Administrator
yeah I like the idea of that but it'll take some work - especially with the boss hps and drops (if we do this at all)

KizunaAI

I think a quiz would be a really good idea :) You can have one platforms where one side is is True and one side is False. Questions are given to players and the side that answers wrong gets knocked off the platform. Questions get gradually more difficult and last one standing on the platform wins.

Nekomaki

Head of Staff
Administrator
I think a quiz would be a really good idea You can have one platforms where one side is is True and one side is False. Questions are given to players and the side that answers wrong gets knocked off the platform. Questions get gradually more difficult and last one standing on the platform wins.
i like this

hzmsh

I think a quiz would be a really good idea You can have one platforms where one side is is True and one side is False. Questions are given to players and the side that answers wrong gets knocked off the platform. Questions get gradually more difficult and last one standing on the platform wins.
This is amazing.... I will call all my friends to participate this together.