Approved Easy Thief Farming Class Fix

Umbra

In-game name: KnockOffLord

Description of suggestion:

Out of the 3 thieves available, Night Walker is currently the best candidate of the 3 for farming due to its large mobbing hit box.
I propose a simple fix that will make at least one viable thief - allowing NW mob skill to crit.

In my attached image you'll see that NW's Shade Splitter does a puny 1,170% damage compared to WA's Vortex's 1,575%. WA also benefits from it's wind walk buff, as well as passive crit and SE.

Now, aside from having much less damage, Shade Splitter also does not crit with NW's natural Critical Throw passive. Nor does it benefit from Shadow Partner.
I have not tested it with SE or Sylph, but I have no reason to think they would suddenly allow it to crit. Either way, its still heavily crippled.

Personally, I feel that Shade Splitter should gain at least a 300% bump up, and benefit from crit. This is the NW's only value, so not benefitting from Sylph would be incredibly sad.

~ Skill Comparisons (imgur) ~

I'm hoping with this fix we can have a viable farming class!
Thanks!

Last edited:

perfect

Not a thief main but somehow feel pathetic for thief main. +1 on buffing shadow splitter. I have also done some testing on shadow splitter. 390% lines x 3 is really not as good as it may sound since NW has ZERO buff skills that could improve its damage.

Last edited:

shavit

/dev/null
Administrator
Shade Splitter is supposed to be significantly stronger. There's a bug that causes it to not deal critical damage and it doesn't respect mastery.
I don't know when it will be fixed. MapleStory's internal damage calculation is a complete mess and it's very annoying to modify.

Optimist

Shade Splitter is supposed to be significantly stronger. There's a bug that causes it to not deal critical damage and it doesn't respect mastery.
I don't know when it will be fixed. MapleStory's internal damage calculation is a complete mess and it's very annoying to modify.
Have you looked into the cause for that yet? Since Shade Splitter is custom content, I'm wondering if the weapon type associated with Shade Splitter is either Dagger / nil and therefore mess up masteries and crit % calculations.

I also checked my DPM with subis vs Magic Throwing Knives (range was ~20% better with Magic Throwing Knife) with Shade Splitter and there was no difference in a DPM test -- it makes me think there's some issue with the association of Claw with Shade Splitter.

shavit

/dev/null
Administrator
Have you looked into the cause for that yet? Since Shade Splitter is custom content, I'm wondering if the weapon type associated with Shade Splitter is either Dagger / nil and therefore mess up masteries and crit % calculations.

I also checked my DPM with subis vs Magic Throwing Knives (range was ~20% better with Magic Throwing Knife) with Shade Splitter and there was no difference in a DPM test -- it makes me think there's some issue with the association of Claw with Shade Splitter.
The issue is that claw weapons will use the magic damage formula for any attack that isn't a shoot attack; this includes Ninja Storm

Well an easy fix that would also require a bit more funding might be the alternative of shadowers using bstep. It WOULD require a buff in damage and a significant increase in range. Which is what I was trying to say on the other thread.

It would increase players interests in the thief class, provide a viable luk based farming class. It would revive the thief class like how Marksman revived the bowman class when the potential of marksman were discovered recently.

I would also personally like to play shadower, but its a very gimmicky class- AT BEST.

EDIT: UNLESS, you are in the works of reworking the shade splitter, then by all means, i think it would be more beneficial.