A Couple of Balance Suggestions

In-game name: Katsushiro, KatsuYoru and any other Katsu(Insert Japanese word that has anything to do with the job)

Description of suggestion: Things I found while playing and things I would like to comment on about Windia.

[OPTIONAL] Any visualizations of the concept (e.g. drawings, videos, more description):
None.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is gonna be long, so if you do not love Windia, please skip ahead.

Before I say anything, here's a little bit about my history with Windia. I started playing in this server since 2019 (I forgot which month but it was some time after official release). I took a break on January of 2020 due to personal reasons and came back to playing on August 2020, so I'm pretty nub (17b Hero TvT).

A couple months of playing time and there are a ton of things I noticed. First of all, thanks a lot to Shavit for some really revolutionary (bordering on rebellious) takes on class balance. It's so nice to see normally unplayed classes in other private servers(marksmen, pally, etc) getting the buffs they deserve while wildly popular classes take a back seat in the meta game. These changes make Windia truly unique and pretty exciting to play as a private server.

While I know complete balance is impossible, I would also like to see a private server with some real class diversity. That is the intention for writing this suggestion post. Let us visit some unplayed classes and figure out ways to fix (maybe too strong a word but oh well) them.

1. The Descendent of Dragons : The Dark Knight and his brother, The Legend: Aran.
Now, when we ask the veterans which warrior class to main in Windia, they'll say either Hero or Paladin. Their reasoning is pretty obvious. Power Crash is essential to every boss fight and hence making Heroes a must-play class while Paladins get OP damage with Blast. It is said that at the same stat level, Paladins get several billion more DPM than the hero, effectively making them the tanky carries in most boss fights. There are two (in fact three but I'm not familiar with SM so Imma leave him out) other warriors that veterans tell you never to main, The Drk and the Aran.

Statistically speaking, I have heard tales of a 40b DPM Drk who supposedly quit after some time. While Drks can be good at both Bossing and Farming (the only two things to do in Maple), they fall behind Heroes and Paladins because of their slower attack speed and the difficulty of mobbing. Spear Crusher dealing damage to only three mobs means they pretty much suck at mobbing while Spear's attack speed being slower than swords and blunt weapons mean they suck at bossing. Even so, as a Drk main back in Saga, I found it very refreshing that Crusher did four lines of damage instead of three. The other buff to Berserk working at 95% health threshold is also very useful. Thanks again to Shavit. But how do we improve it further? The answer lies in the conditions I've henceforth described: The Attack Speed of Spears. Perhaps if we could give them a bit more speed, they could do more damage and hence, become popular again.

Another childish but somewhat justifiable suggestion of mine would be to remove HP cap and let hyperbody give twice the normal amount of HP/MP (I don't know if it's possible so please take it with a grain of salt). The VIP @buffme contributes in making Drk obsolete in a party because why bother when you already have it at a command? If normal @buffme only gives 30k max HP and a Drk's original Hyperbody gives 60, it improves the spearman's utility in parties. It might not be possible to code, so I wouldn't mind if this particular suggestion gets denied.

Now, about the Aran, he can mob, he can do damage, he can attack very very quickly, so what seems to be the problem? The Key Spam. Nobody likes to spam the attack key approximately 80,000 times for a single boss fight that takes about 20 minutes. Everybody would be so much happier with maining an Aran if his attack were like every other: hold down one key for attacks to keep on coming. So, the solution would be to code-in the key-holding option for Aran? (Side warning: Do not keyweight because it's a bannable offense). If we could implement these balance changes, our pole-wielding warriors might see the light of day again in Windia.

2. The Masters of Hurricane : BMs.
I was frankly astounded when I saw people maining Marksmen, the less popular version of the Bowmen in other servers (SE Mule ftw). As I inquired, there are more Marksmen and a couple of Wind Breakers than there are any Bowmaster mains at all. The reason behind this would be that while Marksmen and WB hit several monsters several times with their OP last job skill, Bowmasters get almost no mobbing/bossing skill at all, save for Hurricane which used to be good in other servers but falls behind here and Arrow Rain which is an inferior third job mobbing skill. So perhaps buffing those two skills (I don't know, giving an extra line of dmg to Hurricane, effectively doubling its dpm and juicing the numbers of Arrow Rain?) might help people main Bowmasters more.

Obviously there are more unplayed classes in Windia such as The Bad-ass Gangstas: The Shads, and the Adventurer Pirate Duo. But since I am not well-versed in any of them, I cannot make a useful suggestion for them, even though I would love to improve them any way I can. So if you are a Shad main, a Bucc main or a Sair main, please leave a suggestion on how to upgrade them.

If you made it all the way here, thank you for reading it and I know you truly love Windia. It's a great server to play in. It's got many good people (Join Violet guild y'all), and pretty active GM policing (only ever captcha-tested ONCE cuz I'm very talkative when I farm :p). I understand the development of the game falls solely on Shavit, who has been busy working on the up-coming v84 update. So if my suggestions somehow get denied or ignored (T.T), it's fine. But it is my true wish to see this server booming with 1000 players online all the time and all jobs participating in boss fights and all of that glory. Thank you. Have a good time in Windia~

Apologia

I like your suggestions, but wouldn't it make more sense to remove HB from the @buffme command to make DKs more desirable? And I believe the skill Power Crash can be coded so that it will remove the cancel weapon attack buff. Doing so would also make DKs more useful in parties.

Finally, I personally think that the Berserk threshold should be 50% or 60% since there's no challenge in keeping your HP below 95%.

I like your suggestions, but wouldn't it make more sense to remove HB from the @buffme command to make DKs more desirable? And I believe the skill Power Crash can be coded so that it will remove the cancel weapon attack buff. Doing so would also make DKs more useful in parties.

Finally, I personally think that the Berserk threshold should be 50% or 60% since there's no challenge in keeping your HP below 95%.
Removing HB from @buffme would make more sense as you said but I doubt people would respond kindly if their status quo was somewhat negatively affected.

About the weapon cancel removal, I really like MapleSaga's take on this. Instead of coding different kinds of crash, they coded Monster Magnet (the skill that all warriors have) to nullify weapon cancel so that all warriors have this one equal ability to be useful in a raid.

If we are to put Berserk threshold at 50% (15k HP), then we gotta lower some dmg numbers of some bosses to make Drks viable. For example, the archer in CWK deals enough damage to 1shot a 15k HP, so....gotta tone them down.

Thanks for your support to my suggestion tho.