Update 09/05/2020 - Server maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

shavit

/dev/null
Administrator
Server maintenance for 09/05/2020.
Starts at 15:20/3:20 PM UTC, expected downtime is up to 2 hours.

Server changes:
  • Certain cash items are now permanent (AP reset, The Teleport Rock, VIP Teleport Rock, Miu Miu the Traveling Merchant, Gachapon Ticket, Vicious' Hammer, Scissors of Karma, Wheel of Destiny, Safety Charm). This change allows you to stack them nicely; just drop the stack of items and loot them (like this: https://streamable.com/cx808o) to stack them together.
  • Fixed issues causing items to show up as "(null)", missing item drops, missing styles. We're probably going to deadlock as a result of this change but meh let's give it a chance.
  • Reverted cash item stacking changes due to unforeseen issues with Nexon's internal design. Use the method mentioned above to stack them for now.

Additional notes:
  • This maintenance is also being used to resolve an internal issue with the server which is causing abnormally high resource usage, therefore.. lag. This maintenance will be longer than they normally are. We often say "expected downtime is up to 1 hour" but then the server goes up in less than 5 min. Won't be the case this time unfortunately. I'm mostly going to test a performance monitoring tool so that it can be resolved easily next time the issue happens.
  • Stop complaining about White Scrolls. If you want to 100% ensure that they're being used, use Legendary Spirit and tick *USE WHITE SCROLL*.

Last edited:

shavit

/dev/null
Administrator
Server will go up earlier than expected. I investigated the lag issues.
They're caused by some awful code I've included. Fixes are likely to be implemented within the upcoming week.. they're just tedious but I'll try to get some of them going

Status
Not open for further replies.